GTC’s activities are organised in adherence to Covid-19 guidance as issued by the Scottish Government, Triathlon Scotland and sportscotland.
As the country moves into Phase 3, training has again started on a trial basis and outdoors only. This involves:
- Outside training for children / youths (under 18)
- Outside trial track running sessions for adults.
As we open up sessions again, please ensure you have booked in advance because we have a duty to record who is at sessions for any potential track-and-trace incident.
As always, please follow the instructions of the coaches and bear with us as we adjust to the required changes and restrictions. Please do get in touch if you feel like we can improve in any way.
We ask you to only come to training, or to bring your child to training, if they are well. If anybody in your household has Coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms (a new continuous cough; fever/high temperature; and/or loss of/or change in smell /taste), please let us know and do not attend training. You are required to self-isolate and seek a test via nhsinform.scot or call 0800 028 2816. You can stay up to date with the latest guidance (see links below).
Current guidance in Phase 3:
- Outdoor group coaching for organised triathlon activity (swim, bike and run) can take place for a maximum of 30 people at any one time. This is because we have extra safeguards as it is a coached activity and supervised.
- Individuals can exercise on their own, or with maximum six people from two households at any one time.
- Physical distancing must be maintained (2 metres or more)*
* So long as safe to do so – for example, there is a dispensation for a participant with a disability – it is possible to allow participation under reduced social distancing for safety reasons. The coaches will discuss this with you if you want to know more.
We should observe good hygiene/practice:
- The guidance does not mention masks while training, so face masks are not mandatory, but we do ask that you wear a mask immediately before and after the session, and in all other areas etc. You may, of course, want to wear them for training.
- Do cover your mouth if sneezing or about to cough etc.
- Practise hand hygiene by washing or sanitising hands regularly. Please bring your own hand sanitiser or wipes to training.
- Avoid touching potentially contaminated, frequent touched surfaces wherever possible.
- Do not share equipment.
- Travel to the location in your own transport if possible and increase ventilation / wear a mask if sharing a lift or on public transport.
- Because toilet facilities are closed/limited, please ensure you/your child goes to the toilet at home before you leave.
- All participants should arrive in training clothes because changing facilities are closed.
Or call 0300 303 2713 for testing.
Committee member Dan Gates is the GTC contact for further information or questions about Covid-19 procedures. He said: “We are looking forward to getting back to training and encourage you to contact me or if there’s anything at all that you would like to ask.”
Call Dan on 07449 706 583 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date of last update: 12-09-20