After a successful six years as GTC president, Sean Webster has decided to step down. During his time at the helm, GTC has grown to become the largest and most inclusive triathlon club in Scotland, with a vibrant junior section and a healthy mix of competitive and age-group senior triathletes.
Everyone at the club would like to say a huge thank you to Sean for his amazing contribution.
Now it is time for the club to find a new president, as well as creating a new vice-president role. If you would like to put your name forward for either of these positions, we would be delighted to hear from you. Nominations will go to the Annual General Meeting in February and they will each run for a two-year term.
The roles of the president and vice-president are varied and include:
- Represent and promote the club internally and externally.
- Communicate with members via Facebook, email etc. to keep them informed of club sessions and activities.
- Attend committee meetings.
- Attend and present at the club AGM.
- Provide brief committee reports for board of trustees and attend occasional trustee meetings.
- Support club coaches.
- Support the committee with sponsorship activities.
- Liaise with Triathlon Scotland development team and attend TS meetings.
Of course, you will be fully supported by an engaged committee and the board of trustees, and Sean will assist with the handover period.
If you would like to play a key role in the continued success of our club and to help to develop and implement our new strategy, which is currently being developed, please do get in touch by:
do get in touch:
- Respond to a Facebook post/email.
- Talk to committee member/trustee.
- Email: email@example.com.